Thursday, May 7, 2009


Thursday, March 09, 2006

My husband was out of town, so I decided to get up early to go exercise. Due to the electricity blowing out from the wind storms, my alarm clock was no longer working. I tried several times to set an expensive alarm and finally gave up. (Have I mentioned before that I am challenged in many ways? I guess one way is with alarm clocks.) I set the little cheap alarm and went to bed far too late to get much sleep.

I was determined to wake up, so when the alarm went off, I only swiped at it a few times before I realized it wasn't the alarm by me, but something noisy on the other side of the room. I guess the expensive alarm did work.

I was sooooo tired, that I thought I would rest for just a few minutes. Then the alarm goes off again---on the other side of the bed. Apparently the expensive alarm clock worked.

I got up, dressed in a hurry and exited the house at this early hour. I have a remote trunk opener, which I used to put all my bags into. (I have a bag for working out, and one with all my change into work clothes.) Whoops, I accidently set off the car alarm. Hope the neighbors didn't mind at this early hour. I noticed the clock in the car said 3 A.M. I was a little confused and was sure there was an electrical error. (I have been known to cause electrical car error due to my energetic personality.) I continued on my way out the driveway when I wondered about the time. I couldn't be sure because 3:30 or 5:30, it is all dark. I was really confused and decided to return to the house to check and see if the clocks in the house were messed up too. Once I got inside, sure enough, all the clocks were messed up, just like the car. The house clocks all said 3:30 A.M. It took a little time to realize that I was the one messed up and the time was actually 3:30 A.M. That was over 2 hours earlier that I expected to awaken. I am sure the neighbor's didn't like hearing the car alarm that early either.

Well, I crawled back into bed, but was so wound up, I never fell back asleep. When 5:30 A.M. finally arrived, I got out of bed AGAIN. I had a good chuckle.

My day was long and I was tired by 6:30 P.M. I was wearing my new fancy cowboy boot--just what a girl needs for a long day. I was helping a young birth mom deal with emotions around placement and saying goodbye. I left the room to use the rest room and returned to help birth mom leave. She had been crying and struggling for about 2 hours. As I walked over to give her support, she asked me, "What is on your boot?" I was dragging toilet paper on one boot heel. We all cracked up laughing.

I just shook my head and thought to myself--A very FUNNY DAY. I hope you are laughing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment