Monday, February 1, 2010

ADOPTION EDUCATION

On January 31, 2010, Tara and I launched our first Adoption Education classes.

We started at 10 a.m (after I locked myself out of the office. YES! I made cinnamon rolls to cook and share so the office smelled delicious. I had several loads to bring in. I dropped everything on the floor and went back outside for another load. The office door was now locked and my keys were inside. OH BOTHER! Lucky for me, Tara was only 30 minutes away).

We had about 10 couples, the chair for the Regional FSA and a few other attendees. Tara's power point presentations were EXCELLENT. She had a few sleepless nights of worry. She also shared with me that she does not like to speak in front of people. You could not tell. She was great.

We forged through 5 presentations in 5 hours. We did stop for lunch and breaks. I think people learned things that they had not thought of before. We plan to offer a class a month on a Thursday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment