Saturday, January 9, 2010

MY PAST RETURNS

Yesterday I was rushing around in the car (safely) to prepare for placement. As I was driving, I received a phone call. It was from a past birth mom that had recently just reconnected to me. We were trying to talk on the phone and get together to visit. It had been 17 years. She had mentioned that she wanted to do something to "give back" to birth moms. That morning she kept feeling prompted to call and offer help by taking photos for birth moms/babies.

I told her that very day we were doing a placement. She offered to come. After many phone calls and mini-miracle, she was able to get to the office to take photos for birth mom and her family. It was a nice touch for the birth mom who will receive a CD of professional photos. It was also good for the one that "served" the other.

I am thrilled to be "found" by my past girls. I love that they want to reach out to each other.

1 comment:

  1. I have been in touch with our local crisis pregnancy center about starting a birth mom ministry. My idea is to have a mentoring program just for birth moms for the first year or so after placement to help them get back on their feet. I have not been able to find anything at all. Any ideas? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete