Wednesday, May 19, 2010

ADOPTION.COM

A birthmother that gave birth 19 years ago tomorrow called this morning. I remember her as soon as she said her name. She sounded more grown up, but I knew the name. She was wondering if her son had sent any letters or was looking for her. I told her that I didn't think we had any mail, but that she could try adoption.com. She told me she has 3 teenage sons. We visited briefly after sharing information and said goodbye.

In about 15 minutes, she called back to say that her son had already registered on adoption.com. When she put in her info, up popped his name, address and phone number. Lucky for me, she called to tell me. WOW! We practiced what she might say and what to expect. As she hung up, she said she was going to call and keep me updated.

SO COOL!

2 comments: